In this discussion, Jason Workmaster, Member at Miller & Chevalier, discussed the decline in False Claims Act (FCA) recoveries over the last decade and predicted an upswing in FCA activity on t
For more than four decades, Miller & Chevalier has represented government contractors in high-stakes litigation and advised on complex regulatory matters throughout the procurement lifecycle. We partner with government contractors of all sizes to help them navigate their most challenging business problems.
Our experience includes:
- Cost Allowability, Defective Pricing, and Cost Accounting. Litigating and advising on significant cost allowability, defective pricing, and Cost Accounting Standards issues, including in connection with government audits, before the Boards of Contracts.
- Claims and Disputes. Preparing multi-million-dollar requests for equitable adjustment and contract claims, defending against government claims, and litigating the disputes if necessary.
- Internal Investigations and Mandatory Disclosures. Conducting internal investigations and preparing mandatory disclosures arising from government audits and whistleblower complaints, while leveraging the firm's multi-disciplinary teams—including our significant white collar, congressional, prosecutorial, and in-house experience.
- False Claims Act. Litigating False Claims Act actions by combining deep government contracts substantive experience with exceptional courtroom skill and trial experience.
- Bid Protests. Protesting and defending high-value contract awards at the Government Accountability Office, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, federal agencies, and state and local tribunals.
- Prime-Subcontractor Disputes. Advising and representing contractors involved in prime-subcontractor disputes in both federal and state courts.
- Compliance Counseling. Advising on the full range of compliance requirements, including supply chain and cybersecurity regulations, domestic preferences, data rights, conflicts, Other Transaction Authority, cost or pricing data, commercial item contracting, General Services Administration (GSA) Schedules, and subcontracting.
- Suspension and Debarment. Representing contractors in suspension or debarment proceedings, often in connection with contract disputes and False Claims Act litigation.
- Intellectual Property, Data Rights, and Other Business Disputes. Resolving disputes related to intellectual property, data rights and other business disputes, misappropriation of trade secrets, tortious interference with contracts and business opportunities, and business conspiracies.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. Conducting due diligence reviews in M&A transactions involving government contractors.
- Mass Tort Litigation. Defending government contractors in tort lawsuits related to military operations, national security, and environmental remediation.
- Risk Mitigation. Identifying and mitigating companies' exposure to tort liability including securing liability protection under the SAFETY Act, Public Law 85-804, the Price Anderson Act, the Defense Base Act, and FAR 52.228-7 (Insurance-Liability to Third Persons).
Alex Sarria, Member of Miller & Chevalier Chartered, commented on the Defense Department (DoD) signaling that it does not have infinite patience with the lengthy court battles holding up its $1
Lauren Briggerman and Alex Sarria will present the International Stability Operations Association (ISOA) webinar, "DOJ's Procurement Collusion Strike Force: Cracking Down on Bid-Rigging in the Gove
Washington, DC, November 6, 2020 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered today announced that the firm has received numerous top-tier national and metropolitan rankings across all of it
The Department of Defense (DoD) finalized a rule last week prohibiting DoD from buying any equipme
Last week, the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Council issued a final rule, effective Februar
The Department of Defense (DoD) issued a proposed rule last week to update the policies and proced