Miller & Chevalier strives to offer our staff professionals the opportunity and challenge for personal development and professional growth. The result is a combination of long-serving and newer staff—all skilled and dedicated to working together for the benefit of our clients. Miller & Chevalier staff are provided the tools to become highly skilled through the continual updating of technology and equipment, along with in-house training opportunities and outside educational resources. The Firm's investment in staff development pays off when we are able to promote from within—something we do whenever possible.
The 2016 move to our new office building created an environment where staff and lawyers interact in a very open and effective manner. Staff work areas are designed for efficiency and provide close access to required equipment and other technology needs. Ergonomics also play a big role as all workstations and desks throughout the firm are equipped with sit/stand mechanisms. Collaboration areas and beverage pantries on each floor offer flexibility in executing planned or on-the-fly projects.
Description: Dual role. This position requires a professional, organized self-starter with the ability to interact with staff, visitors, and clients in a challenging legal environment. A proactive work ethic, the ability to anticipate needs, strong decision-making skills, attention to detail, and a flexible schedule are a must.
This position will provide coverage at the Reception desk from 7:30 am – 10:30 am and 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm. For the remainder of the day, this position will perform various duties in the Records Department.
- Greet guests, clients, and Miller & Chevalier personnel in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner
- Monitor security when checking in guests by verifying identification as registered in visitor database
- Report any unusual or suspicious persons or activities
- Professionally administer all incoming telephone calls and take accurate messages
- Ensure telephone calls are routed or redirected accordingly
- Reserve conference rooms in online Meeting Room Manager and enter visitor’s name into database
- Open reception area and close (as needed) reception area
- Provide assistance to other departments with large mailings and marketing events
- General client filing
- Provide shelving unit maintenance
- Create client matter files
- Assist with the destruction of documents, scanning documents, and coordinating off site storage matters
- Assist attorneys and staff with miscellaneous requests for Records information
- Take initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly within the Records Department
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently and accurately under pressure
- Meet all project deadlines
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
- High school diploma
- Must have 3+ years law firm experience
- Professional demeanor
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and overall good judgment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including proficiency with Outlook, Meeting Room Manager, and Elite
- Ability to operate various office equipment, including PCs, printers, and photocopiers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and function as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Follow instructions and learn new technology quickly and efficiently
- Flexibility to work overtime
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Hours: 7:30 am to 4:00 p.m.
Miller & Chevalier is an equal opportunity employer. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. To apply, please email or mail a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Specialist
Miller & Chevalier Chartered
900 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20006
Please allow three weeks for a response. Thank you!