Miller & Chevalier strives to offer our staff professionals the opportunity and challenge for personal development and professional growth. The result is a combination of long-serving and newer staff—all skilled and dedicated to working together for the benefit of our clients. Miller & Chevalier staff are provided the tools to become highly skilled through the continual updating of technology and equipment, along with in-house training opportunities and outside educational resources. The Firm's investment in staff development pays off when we are able to promote from within—something we do whenever possible.
The 2016 move to our new office building created an environment where staff and lawyers interact in a very open and effective manner. Staff work areas are designed for efficiency and provide close access to required equipment and other technology needs. Ergonomics also play a big role as all workstations and desks throughout the firm are equipped with sit/stand mechanisms. Collaboration areas and beverage pantries on each floor offer flexibility in executing planned or on-the-fly projects.
Senior Financial Analyst
Description: The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Director of Finance and will play an integral and evolving role in providing analysis that will impact decisions made by firm management. Using leading edge analysis and modeling methodologies, they will assess financial information and business trends to inform and advise senior management on issues that are key to the day-to-day tactics and strategic direction of the firm.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be involved with the following on a regular basis:
- Financial analysis
- Trend analysis
- Data mining
- Industry analysis
- Interpretation of survey findings
And will advise firm management on topics including:
- Strategic initiatives
- Pricing and cost structures
- Client- and matter-specific needs
- Attorney compensation
- Firm realization and efficiency
- 10 years of financial analysis experience showing progressive growth in responsibilities
- Law firm experience (including Elite) is preferred
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required, a master's degree in a business-related discipline is preferred
- CPA or CFA designation is a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and Outlook required
- Candidates should have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and be self-motivated
Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Miller & Chevalier is an equal opportunity employer. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. To apply, please email cover letter and resume to:
Ms. Cari Seidman
Human Resource Specialist
Miller & Chevalier Chartered
900 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20006
Please allow three weeks for a response. Thank you!