Miller & Chevalier strives to offer our staff professionals the opportunity and challenge for personal development and professional growth. The result is a combination of long-serving and newer staff—all skilled and dedicated to working together for the benefit of our clients. Miller & Chevalier staff are provided the tools to become highly skilled through the continual updating of technology and equipment, along with in-house training opportunities and outside educational resources. The Firm's investment in staff development pays off when we are able to promote from within—something we do whenever possible.
The 2016 move to our new office building created an environment where staff and lawyers interact in a very open and effective manner. Staff work areas are designed for efficiency and provide close access to required equipment and other technology needs. Ergonomics also play a big role as all workstations and desks throughout the firm are equipped with sit/stand mechanisms. Collaboration areas and beverage pantries on each floor offer flexibility in executing planned or on-the-fly projects.
CRM and eMarketing Specialist
The CRM and eMarketing Specialist will develop, manage and support the firm's Client Relationship Management (CRM) and marketing strategies to ensure the accuracy of strategic business data, train and encourage CRM adaption and usage, and work to drive business through targeted CRM usage. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Specialist will work closely with two Senior Business Development Managers, firm lawyers in all practice areas and other marketing team members on a wide variety of CRM data management, marketing and business development projects, including but not limited to:
- Developing comprehensive CRM and eMarketing strategies
- Coordinating distribution of all marketing communications, maintaining mailing lists, and coordinating relevant reporting
- Day-to-day oversight and management of the firm's CRM system, LexisNexis InterAction, to include the management of processes, procedures and best practices to ensure the optimal functionality and data integrity of the systems
- Serving as a technical resource, point person and trainer for troubleshooting issues and developing solutions for the CRM system
- Maintaining and producing reports for firm practice leads, management, and others supporting the firm's business development function
- Serving as lead contact and firm project manager for new updates and initiatives related to CRM and eMarketing, including but not limited to InterAction and Concep
- Playing an integral role in the renewal of contracts with vendors and providing input on new products, tools, upgrades, etc.
- Assisting with internal communications efforts where they relate to CRM management to support business development and cross selling/practice collaboration opportunities
- Providing CRM support for lateral integration and promotion efforts
- Working with the Marketing Communications Specialist to promote the firm's expertise in practice-specific and industry sectors by identifying clients and prospects in target sectors and tracking matters being handled for industry clients
- Serving as a back-up to the Senior Managers on projects, meetings and other responsibilities, as appropriate
- Supporting other department operations, business development efforts, events and firm initiatives, as appropriate
- A minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrated success in a marketing and/or business development-related field in the professional services arena (with a minimum of 3-5 years of law firm CRM experience required)
- Very strong written and oral communications skills, particularly in a law firm environment
- Exceptional knowledge of CRM applications, execution and strategies to grow business, using LexisNexis InterAction Windows, Web, and IA Mobility
- Four-year degree
- Strong technology background and demonstrated experience with CRM technology (LexisNexis InterAction—Windows, Web and IA Mobility required), and web-based applications (LinkedIn and Twitter social media platforms, Drupal websites, GoToWebinar software, Concep email software, SharePoint intranet, and WordPress blogs preferred)
- Demonstrated good judgment, a team-first orientation, and stamina
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest to Susan Van Dyke no later than January 18, 2019, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miller & Chevalier is an equal opportunity employer. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.