Miller & Chevalier strives to offer our staff professionals the opportunity and challenge for personal development and professional growth. The result is a combination of long-serving and newer staff—all skilled and dedicated to working together for the benefit of our clients. Miller & Chevalier staff are provided the tools to become highly skilled through the continual updating of technology and equipment, along with in-house training opportunities and outside educational resources. The firm's investment in staff development pays off when we are able to promote from within—something we do whenever possible.
The 2016 move to our new office building created an environment where staff and lawyers interact in a very open and effective manner. Staff work areas are designed for efficiency and provide close access to required equipment and other technology needs. Ergonomics also play a big role as all workstations and desks throughout the firm are equipped with sit/stand mechanisms. Collaboration areas and beverage pantries on each floor offer flexibility in executing planned or on-the-fly projects.
Business Intelligence Analyst
At Miller & Chevalier Chartered, we're committed to provide elite legal services to clients facing regulatory enforcement or litigation issues in select federal areas through a firm based in Washington, DC that prizes professional excellence, integrity, career self-determination, friendship among colleagues, and peak financial success.
We are in search of a like-minded Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Washington, DC office. The Business Intelligence Analyst is a significant and highly motivated member of the Accounting team who supports the basis of data mining, manipulation, and financial analytics to all levels of the firm via technical application and critical thinking. Candidates must work independently or as part of a team, possess exceptional written and verbal skills, and demonstrate the highest commitment to professionalism, customer service, and quality of work. The Business Intelligence Analyst will work closely with the Director of Finance and Manager of Financial Analytics to help the firm make accurate and actionable financial decisions in a fast-paced and evolving environment. We can offer the opportunity to participate in firm initiatives relating to profitability, pricing, budgeting, business intelligence, and executive management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Duties Essential to the Role:
- Daily bank reconciliation, create/amend journal entries for various accounts, research and resolve inconsistencies or imbalances in the general ledger, prepare audit schedules, and apply standard GAAPs to processes
- Mine financial data, compile monthly reports and presentation packages with clear, concise, and fresh or evolving analytics of KPIs to better inform and advise senior management
- Interpret and analyze data, identify fundamental concepts impacting financials
- Support annual revenue and operating expense budget processes, along with reporting packages to Directors and Executive Director, facilitate profitability reporting and analysis, prepare surveys and ad hoc reports
- Study and capitalize upon existing reporting systems, utilize system capabilities and propose enhancements to streamline or improve current output
- Assist in research, recommendation, and development of data tools that enhance mining, reporting, or visualizations (Excel, Power BI, MSQ, SQL, Access), collaborate with Information Systems to further data analytics, system upgrade plans, or business intelligence capabilities
- Support senior colleagues to develop creative solutions applicable to financial directives or initiatives
- Four to five years of financial and or analytical experience showing progressive growth in responsibilities, including but not limited to financial reporting, forecasting, analysis, data mining and manipulation, and general accounting/finance knowledge
- Law firm experience, including Elite Enterprise preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel, working knowledge of SQL, MSQ, PowerPoint, Power BI, or budgeting applications beneficial
- Strong commitment to continuous learning, demonstrated desire to advance and seek opportunities to grow and expand capabilities
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments, excellent time and project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or data science, master's degree in a business-related discipline preferred, CPA or CFA is a plus
Hours: 9:00 am-5:30 pm (extended hours around month-end and year-end accounting processes), currently remote
Miller & Chevalier is an equal opportunity employer. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. To apply, please email cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Specialist
Miller & Chevalier Chartered
Please allow three weeks for a response. Thank you.