Miller & Chevalier strives to offer our staff professionals the opportunity and challenge for personal development and professional growth. The result is a combination of long-serving and newer staff—all skilled and dedicated to working together for the benefit of our clients. Miller & Chevalier staff are provided the tools to become highly skilled through the continual updating of technology and equipment, along with in-house training opportunities and outside educational resources. The firm's investment in staff development pays off when we are able to promote from within—something we do whenever possible.
The 2016 move to our new office building created an environment where staff and lawyers interact in a very open and effective manner. Staff work areas are designed for efficiency and provide close access to required equipment and other technology needs. Ergonomics also play a big role as all workstations and desks throughout the firm are equipped with sit/stand mechanisms. Collaboration areas and beverage pantries on each floor offer flexibility in executing planned or on-the-fly projects.
Legal Administrative Assistant
Description: Miller & Chevalier is seeking a team administrative assistant to provide support to designated attorneys within an assigned team, as well as other legal personnel.
- Input, revise, and proofread correspondence and other legal documents
- Assist with preparation of due diligence; prepare and submit e-filings
- Create and revise PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets
- Process new client/matter intake forms
- Input attorneys' time into Elite
- Process client billing
- Complete check requests and travel expense reports
- Manage attorneys' calendars as needed, schedule meetings, arrange conference rooms, and coordinate travel arrangements
- Coordinate and assist with production of business development materials
- Input client contacts into InterAction
- Establish, maintain, and update paper and electronic files
- Compile documents, notebooks, and exhibits and ensure accurate reproduction
- Work as part of a team with attorneys, legal assistants, and other legal administrative assistants
- Share information and offer ideas and solutions in a team environment
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor's degree desirable
- 10 plus years of experience in a legal environment (litigation preferred)
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, a document management system (iManage preferred), and time entry (Elite preferred)
- Excellent command of English language, oral and written
- Excellent organizational and document management skills
- Able to work well under pressure and interact with all levels of firm personnel
- Prioritize workload to efficiently enable and facilitate team effort
- Foster cooperative and supportive relationships with peers
- Professional and detail-oriented
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Maintain a positive attitude and approachability
- Reliable, punctual, and flexible to work overtime as needed
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Miller & Chevalier is an equal opportunity employer. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. To apply, please email cover letter and resume to:
Cari Seidman, HR Specialist
Please allow three weeks for a response. Thank you.
Legal Recruiting Coordinator
Miller & Chevalier is seeking a Legal Recruiting Coordinator for its Washington, DC office. This position will report to the Director of Attorney Recruiting and Professional Development and will work closely with the Hiring Committee.
- Corresponding with candidates, search firms, law students, and career services professionals
- Screening resumes and scheduling interviews
- Maintaining applicant database and files
- Processing expense reports and invoices
- Coordinating and administering the Summer Associate Program (orientation, work assignments, evaluations, and event planning)
- Coordinating On-Campus Interview Program
- Other assignments as necessary
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, creative, detail-oriented, and a proactive problem solver. Excellent judgment and the ability to establish trust and credibility with attorneys and staff at all levels is required. Candidate must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills. They will be able to work independently and effectively as part of a team and must be available to work overtime and attend evening events as necessary.
Job Requirements: Four-year college degree and three to five years of recruiting experience in a law firm or other professional services firm; working knowledge of viDesktop.
To apply, please submit a cover letter (including salary requirements), resume, and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Miller & Chevalier is an equal opportunity employer. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.