The firm's Government Affairs lawyers and professionals have the knowledge and experience to help clients anticipate and influence legislative and regulatory developments, as well as respond strategically to major changes in policy. The firm's practice focuses on tax, employee benefits, health policy and compliance, international trade, and energy. Miller & Chevalier offers clients more than just critical access to key decision-makers. The firm also provides the substantive experience necessary to present clients' issues credibly and to help them achieve their business objectives. One reason for our effectiveness: firm lawyers and professionals have served in senior positions in the government. Because they thoroughly understand the processes and priorities of the relevant decision-making bodies, they are well-equipped to advise clients about how best to pursue opportunities and address challenges.
Miller & Chevalier's Government Affairs practice features lawyers and professionals with a unique mix of government, technical and industry experience. Our professionals have served in:
- The White House and the Executive Office of the President;
- U.S. Departments of Treasury, Commerce, Justice, Labor, State, Defense, and Homeland Security;
- The Internal Revenue Service;
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection;
- U.S. National Security Council; and
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.