- J.D.Harvard Law Schoolcum laude2011
- B.A.Duke Universitymagna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Alpha Theta2008
Katherine Pappas focuses her practice on white collar defense and internal investigations and compliance program evaluation and enhancement. She represents multi-national corporations in cross-border investigations and enforcement actions and has conducted internal investigations on behalf of corporate clients stemming from allegations of fraud, anti-competitive practices, and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Ms. Pappas has also represented individuals and corporations in connection with enforcement actions brought by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
In addition, Ms. Pappas routinely advises clients on issues that arise out of investigations, including interactions with external auditors, complex privilege issues, assessment of compliance program gaps and implementation and testing of remedial measures, and consideration of risks posed by parallel proceedings. She currently serves in a leadership role on an Independent Compliance Monitor team focusing on the effectiveness of a company's human resources compliance program, including harassment and discrimination issues, on behalf of a regulatory agency in Massachusetts. Ms. Pappas has also represented corporate clients in federal district and appellate courts in connection with complex civil litigation matters.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier, Ms. Pappas served as a law clerk to the Honorable Todd E. Edelman on the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and to the Honorable Catharine F. Easterly on the District of Columbia Court of Appeals. While at Harvard Law School, Ms. Pappas was an Executive Editor of the Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review.
GIR Privilege Know-how 2020 - United States
Miller & Chevalier Files Amicus Brief Addressing Attorney-Client Privilege and Work-Product Protections Under the Contractor "Mandatory Disclosure Rule"
GIR Privilege Know-how 2019 - United States
DOJ Investigations: Is Sharing Unavoidably Hazardous?
- Coordinated and led aspects of an independent investigation and advised on interactions with the Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, and international enforcement agencies on behalf of the audit committee of a multi-national agro-business with operations in Latin America and EMEA in connection with allegations regarding corporate acquisitions, product quality and environmental controls, and interactions with government officials.
- Advised labor organization in connection with internal investigation into allegations of internal fraud.
- Represented international company in enforcement action brought by the Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, and international enforcement agencies. Represented the Company and individual current and former employees in witness interviews.
- Represented small business in challenge to federal agency action brought in federal court pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Clerk, Civil Division, United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, 2009
- Intern, International Prisoner Transfer Unit, Department of Justice, 2007
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Criminal Defense: White Collar (Ones to Watch), 2021 - 2022
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers®: Rising Star, Civil Litigation, 2019 - 2021
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono High Honor Roll, 2016 - 2019
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2014 - 2015, 2020
- Member, Young Lawyer Leaders, Global Anti-Corruption Committee, Criminal Justice Section, American Bar Association
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder Program, 2016
- Member, Children's Law Center Advisory Board
District of Columbia
- Clerk, the Honorable Todd E. Edelman, Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Clerk, the Honorable Catharine F. Easterly, District of Columbia Court of Appeals
Washington, DC, August 19, 2021 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered is pleased to announce that 30 firm lawyers were selected as top Washington, DC, practitioners in The Best La
Litigation Member Lauren Briggerman, Counsel Katherine Pappas, and Counsel Ian Herbert joined host Tom Fox on the FCPA Compliance Report Podcast to discuss the summer 2021 edition of Executives
Lauren E. Briggerman, Ian A. Herbert, and Katherine E.
Washington, DC, April 27, 2021 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered is pleased to announce that seven firm lawyers were selected as Washington, DC Super Lawyers®, with an
Washington, DC, April 5, 2021 – Miller & Chevalier is pleased to announce that 47 firm lawyers were named to the 2020 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, with 25 firm lawyers providin
Human rights due diligence is becoming an increasingly critical priority for multinational companies. In addition to the growing acceptance of companies' important role in respecting human rights,
In this article, co-authors Ann Sultan, Alejandra Montenegro Almonte, and Katherine Pappas discuss the
In this article, co-authors Katherine Pappas and