- J.D.Harvard Law Schoolcum laude2011
- B.A.Duke Universitymagna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Alpha Theta2008
Katherine Pappas focuses her practice on white collar and internal investigations, and complex civil litigation. She has conducted internal investigations on behalf of corporate clients stemming from allegations of fraud, anti-competitive practices, and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Ms. Pappas routinely conducts witness interviews and manages the review and analysis of large numbers of documents often associated with internal corporate investigations. In addition, she has represented individuals and corporations in connection with enforcement actions brought by the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission. Ms. Pappas has also represented corporate clients in federal district and appellate courts in connection with complex civil litigation matters.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier, Ms. Pappas served as a law clerk to the Honorable Todd E. Edelman on the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and to the Honorable Catharine F. Easterly on the District of Columbia Court of Appeals. While at Harvard Law School, Ms. Pappas was an Executive Editor of the Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review.
- Representing international company in enforcement action brought by the Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, and international enforcement agencies. Representing the Company and individual current and former employees in witness interviews.
- Represented small business in challenge to federal agency action brought in federal court pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Advised labor organization in connection with internal investigation into allegations of internal fraud.
- Clerk, Civil Division, United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, 2009
- Intern, International Prisoner Transfer Unit, Department of Justice, 2007
- Member, Superior Court of the District of Columbia Magistrate Judge Advisory Merit Selection Panel
- Member, Children's Law Center Advisory Board
District of Columbia
- Clerk, the Honorable Todd E. Edelman, Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Clerk, the Honorable Catharine F. Easterly, District of Columbia Court of Appeals
Washington, DC, October 27, 2017 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered proudly announces that the firm was named as one of the top 30 investigations practices globally in the Glob
Washington, DC, May 12, 2017 – Miller & Chevalier is pleased to announce that the firm was named the 2017 Pro Bono Firm of the Year by the D.C. Bar.
Washington, DC, September 16, 2016 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered proudly announces that the firm was named as one of the top 30 investigations practices globally for the secon
Washington, DC, September 25, 2015 -- Miller & Chevalier Chartered is pleased to announce the firm was named as one of the top 30 investigations practices globally in the inaug
The last quarter of 2017 resulted in several significant developments in government investigations that impact corporate executives.
In this article, Andrew Wise and Katherine Pappas discuss a company's options regarding disclosure of information to individual employees facing Department of Justice (DOJ) interviews after the com