- J.D.The George Washington University Law Schoolwith honors2016
- B.S.Syracuse Universitysumma cum laude2012
Leah Moushey is a Senior Associate in the International Department. Her practice focuses on international corporate compliance and internal and government investigations related primarily to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-corruption standards. She has assisted with multi-jurisdictional internal and government investigations, compliance audits, third party due diligence, and due diligence in the context of mergers and acquisitions in various countries in Latin America, Africa, Asia, and Europe. Ms. Moushey also served as a member of a monitorship team tasked by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) with conducting a three-year global anti-corruption compliance review and assessment pursuant to FCPA agreements.
In 2017, Ms. Moushey was a foreign visiting law clerk at the São Paulo-based law firm of KLA-Koury Lopes Advogados where she supported KLA's Anti-corruption, Compliance, and Investigation Team.
Ms. Moushey is fluent in Portuguese and proficient in Spanish.
Prior to law school, Ms. Moushey lived in Maputo, Mozambique, where she interned at a non-governmental organization, focusing on issues related to gender-based violence and HIV/AIDS. During law school, Ms. Moushey served as a legal extern in the U.S. Department of Justice Criminal Division's Fraud Section, a legal intern at the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and an extern at the Mid-Atlantic Innocence Project.
- Extern, U.S. Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Fraud Section, 2015
- Intern, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2014
- Latinvex Latin America's Top 100 Female Lawyers: FCPA & Fraud, 2020
- Latinvex Top 50 Rising Legal Star, 2018
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono High Honor Roll, 2018
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2017, 2019
- Phi Delta Phi Award for Excellence in Professional Responsibility, Ethics, and Jurisprudence, The George Washington University Law School, 2016
District of Columbia
Miller & Chevalier and Lefosse Advogados will present, "A Cross-Border Discussion on AML Regulatory Updates & Enforcement Trends," on Monday, February 22, 2021.
Washington, DC, October 23, 2020 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered proudly announces that the firm was named as one of the top 30 investigations practices globally in the Glob
Washington, DC, September 30, 2020 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered is pleased to announce that Firm Chair Kathryn Cameron Atkinson, International Department Vice Chair Alejandra
Washington, DC, October
Miller & Chevalier is pleased to announce that the firm was recognized as a "Gold Level Donor" to the DC Bar's Raising the Bar campaign.
We are pleased to announce that Miller & Chevalier Chartered authored the "Global Overview"