- J.D.The George Washington University Law Schoolwith honors2016
- B.S.Syracuse Universitysumma cum laude2012
Leah Moushey is a Senior Associate in the International Department. Her practice focuses on international corporate compliance and internal and government investigations related primarily to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-corruption standards. She has assisted with multi-jurisdictional internal and government investigations, compliance audits, third party due diligence, and due diligence in the context of mergers and acquisitions in various countries in Latin America, Africa, Asia, and Europe.
In 2017, Ms. Moushey was a foreign visiting law clerk at the São Paulo-based law firm of KLA-Koury Lopes Advogados where she supported KLA's Anti-corruption, Compliance, and Investigation Team.
Ms. Moushey is fluent in Portuguese and proficient in Spanish.
Prior to law school, Ms. Moushey lived in Maputo, Mozambique, where she interned at a non-governmental organization, focusing on issues related to gender-based violence and HIV/AIDS. During law school, Ms. Moushey served as a legal extern in the U.S. Department of Justice Criminal Division's Fraud Section, a legal intern at the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and an extern at the Mid-Atlantic Innocence Project.
- Extern, U.S. Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Fraud Section, 2015
- Intern, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2014
- Latinvex Top 50 Rising Legal Star, 2018
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono High Honor Roll, 2018
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2017
- Phi Delta Phi Award for Excellence in Professional Responsibility, Ethics, and Jurisprudence, The George Washington University Law School, 2016
District of Columbia
Washington, DC, October
Miller & Chevalier is pleased to announce that the firm was recognized as a "Gold Level Donor" to the DC Bar's Raising the Bar campaign.
Miller & Chevalier is pleased to announce that 42 firm lawyers were named to the 2018 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, with 21 firm lawyers providing one hundred hours or more of pro bono service a
Washington, DC, October 26, 2018 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered proudly announces that the firm was named as one of the top 30 investigations practices globally in the Glob
Leah Moushey will be speaking during the Fenalaw 2018 Conference on October 24, 2018 in Brazil.
São Paulo, Brazil
This winter, we report on several noteworthy developments in white collar investigations impacting executives.
On April 30, 2019, the Criminal Division of the U.S.