- J.D.Cornell Law School1992
- B.A.Johns Hopkins UniversityDepartmental Honors1989
Kathryn Cameron Atkinson is the Chair of the International Department and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Her practice focuses on international corporate compliance, including, in particular, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), as well as export controls and economic sanctions, and anti-money laundering laws. She advises clients on corruption issues around the world. This advice has included compliance with the FCPA and related laws and international treaties in a wide variety of contexts, including transactional counseling, formal opinions, internal investigations, enforcement actions by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and resulting monitorships, as well as commercial litigation raising improper payment issues. Ms. Atkinson served as the government-appointed Independent Compliance Monitor for KBR, Inc. in an FCPA matter settled with the DOJ and SEC. She was a member of the original Transparency International task force that developed a compliance toolkit for small and medium-sized entities. She co-produced, with Homer E. Moyer, Jr., "Comply But Compete," a versatile, video-based FCPA training program.
On the compliance side of the practice, Ms. Atkinson focuses in particular on the design and implementation of custom-tailored international regulatory compliance programs for large and small companies in a wide range of industries. Her compliance practice includes performing compliance due diligence in mergers and acquisitions, designing and performing compliance audits and assessments, training company personnel and third parties, and working with companies to design tailored safeguards in complex business transactions and relationships with third parties.
- Chambers Global: FCPA (United States), 2015 - 2018
- Chambers USA: FCPA (Nationwide), 2014 - 2018
- Chambers Global: International Trade: FCPA Experts (United States), 2014
- Chambers USA: International Trade: FCPA Experts (Nationwide), 2012 - 2013
- Latinvex Latin America's Top 100 Female Lawyers: FCPA & Fraud, 2017 - 2018
- Ethisphere Institute's Attorneys Who Matter (Specialists: Private Practice), 2015, 2017
- Ethisphere Institute's Attorneys Who Matter (Top Guns), 2014
- Ethisphere Institute's Attorneys Who Matter (Up and Comers/Rising Stars), 2012 - 2013
- Legal 500: Dispute Resolution: International Trade, 2013 - 2018
- Global Investigations Review: Women in Investigations, 2015
- Who's Who Legal: The International Who's Who of Business Crime Defence Lawyers, 2017
- Who's Who Legal: The International Who's Who of Investigations Lawyers, 2016 - 2017
- Creator and Co-Chair, Forum on International Corporate Compliance, Institute for International and Comparative Law, Center for American and International Law
- Member, Executive Committee, Institute for International and Comparative Law, Center for American and International Law
- Member, International Bar Association, Anti-Corruption Committee
- Member, International Bar Association, Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
- Member, President’s Council of Cornell Women
District of Columbia
Washington, DC, May 30, 2018 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered announced today that the firm received practice and individual rankings in the 2018 edition of Legal 500 United
Washington, DC, May 3, 2018 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered today announced that the firm received multiple practice and individual lawyer rankings in the 2018 edition of Ch
Washington, DC, May 1, 2018 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered is pleased to announce that International department Chair Kathryn Cameron Atkinson, International Member Alejandra M
Kathryn Cameron Atkinson will be speaking during Practising Law Institute's (PLI) Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and International Anti-Corruption Developments 2018 seminar on April 23, 2018 in New
New York, NY
Kathryn Cameron Atkinson will speak at the 3rd Annual GIR Live DC event on March 22, 2018.
On May 8, 2018, President Trump announced the U.S.
Over the past decade, the U.S.
Welcome to Volume III of Executives at Risk: Navigating Individual Exposure in Government Investigations.