Washington, DC, January 4, 2021 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered announced today the election of Margot Laporte as a Member of the firm.
- Successfully defended a Fortune 500 company in an MDB investigation of alleged prohibited practices, resolving the proceeding with issuance of a non-public Letter of Reprimand by the sanctions board rather than a public debarment advocated by the investigating authority.
- Defended a Central Asian infrastructure company before the World Bank Group Sanctions Board.
- Defended a multinational construction company in an IDB sanctions investigation.
- Advised a European infrastructure company on a negotiated resolution with the World Bank’s INT.
- Retained by an MDB to design an anti-corruption integrity framework for a major construction investment project in South America.
- Our lead MDB sanctions attorney investigated the largest global, cross-jurisdictional, anti-corruption case (by settlement amount) in MDB history, which ended in a negotiated resolution.
- For the IDB, our lead MDB sanctions attorney led two investigations in tandem into allegations of improper influence by multiple bidders in a multi-million-dollar procurement process.
- Following a competitive bid process, assisted an MDB with the revision of its sanctions procedures and supported ongoing investigations of alleged corruption, fraud, collusion, and obstruction.
- For an MDB, investigated Eastern European and Central Asian companies involved in a collusion scheme, gathered evidence, and helped build a case that resulted in debarment of the primary bidder, establishing precedent for numerous novel legal issues.