FeiFei (Andrea) Ren is Counsel in the International Department. Ms. Ren focuses her practice on government enforcement actions, internal investigations, international corporate compliance, economic sanctions and export controls, and white collar defense for a wide range of domestic and international clients. Ms. Ren regularly conducts anti-corruption and anti-money laundering investigations, risk assessments, and due diligence in countries throughout Asia Pacific, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East for multinational clients across different industries, including oil and gas, pharmaceutical, telecommunications, technology, industrial engineering and equipment, and financial services. Ms. Ren's compliance practice also includes helping clients design, implement, and improve their corporate compliance programs.
Before joining Miller & Chevalier, Ms. Ren was a litigation associate at Ropes & Gray LLP in New York, where she represented clients in government and internal investigations, white collar defense matters, federal and state litigations, and arbitrations. During law school, Ms. Ren worked as a law clerk at Mayer Brown LLP in DC, where she assisted clients in matters involving the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and international trade.
Prior to law school, Ms. Ren was an associate of Mayer Brown's Beijing office, where she primarily worked on litigating and arbitrating disputes under the laws of China and Hong Kong and on liquidating subsidiaries and de-registering representative offices of foreign companies in China. She also has experience in the areas of regulatory compliance and immigration compliance.
As a Mandarin speaker, Ms. Ren regularly advises on legal matters in both English and Chinese.
- Representing a senior executive in connection with an investigation by the DOJ and OFAC into potential violations of Iran and Venezuela sanctions programs.
- Representing a senior executive before the SEC and FinCEN relating to investigations into potential violations of anti-money laundering regulations.
- Conducting anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and sanctions risk assessments for energy companies and drafting related compliance policies and procedures.
- Advised a company in the oil and gas industry on FCPA risks in connection with its joint venture in Africa.
- Detailed to a global energy company and provided legal advice to the business on regulatory compliance matters, including anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering, economic sanctions, and export controls.
- Conducted various internal investigations involving FCPA-related allegations and other potential misconduct in China.
- Conducted an internal investigation into allegations of possible violations of Iran sanctions by a U.S. energy company for voluntary disclosures to OFAC.
- Advised a multinational telecommunications company on compliance program improvements and compliance operations.
- Represented an individual in an internal investigation of racial discrimination allegations by the organization’s leadership.
- Conducted pre-acquisition FCPA due diligence and risk assessment for a European manufacturer in connection with an ongoing DOJ investigation of potential FCPA violations by the target companies.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in connection with multistate investigations and multidistrict litigations involving controlled substances.
- Represented a member of a wealth management firm in arbitrations of contractual disputes and the subsequent appeal to enforce the arbitration awards.
- Represented an individual in a federal investigation of health care fraud.
- Conducted a confidential review of internal allegations of gender discrimination by an executive for a Fortune 50 company.
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono High Honor Roll, 2020
- Vice Chair for Asia, International Anti-Corruption Committee, International Law Section, American Bar Association
- Steering Group, Central/East Asia and China Committee, International Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Women's White Collar Defense Association
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, Asian Pacific American Bar Association of the Greater Washington, DC Area
- Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder Program, 2021
- District of Columbia
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit