- J.D.Columbia Law School2011
- B.A.Barnard College, Columbia Universitymagna cum laude2008
Ann Sultan's practice focuses on internal and government investigations, international corporate compliance, and white collar defense related primarily to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Ms. Sultan advises corporate clients on a wide range of topics including forensic and e-discovery processes, compliance assessment and risk management, and Department of Justice (DOJ) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) enforcement actions. Ms. Sultan has also represented individuals in front of U.S. government agencies. In 2015, Ms. Sultan completed details to a client's European headquarters, where she assisted on FCPA internal investigation and compliance matters.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier, Ms. Sultan practiced as a corporate attorney specializing in corporate governance and mergers and acquisitions at an international firm. Prior to that, Ms. Sultan completed a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Mediation at Columbia Law School.
While at Columbia Law School, Ms. Sultan served as the East European Law Editor of the Columbia Journal of European Law. Ms. Sultan was also the president of IMPACT, Columbia's student group dedicated to electoral participation and empowerment, and an officer of the Columbia Law Women's Association. In 2006 - 2007, Ms. Sultan was a visiting student in Politics, Philosophy and Economics at St. Peter's College of Oxford University.
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers®: Rising Star, Criminal Defense: White Collar, International, 2019
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia Law School
- Website Officer, Anti-Corruption Committee, International Bar Association
- Member, Steering Committee, and Newsletter Editor, Russia/Eurasia Committee, Section of International Law, American Bar Association
- Member, Steering Committee, Anti-Corruption Committee, Section of International Law, American Bar Association
- Member, U.S.-Russia Business Council
- Member, Young Lawyer's Committee, Women's White Collar Defense Association
District of Columbia
Ann Sultan will speak at the Tashkent Law Spring Forum on April, 26, 2019, in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Sultan will present, "Implementation of Compliance Control Systems: Where to Start?"
Ann Sultan will speak at an international business integrity round table, "International Standards and Measures to Further Promote Business Integrity: Recommendations for the Private Sector and Gov
Michael Satin will present at the American Bar Association Section of International Law 2019 Annual Conference in Washington, DC, on April 10, 2019. Satin will moderate the panel, "Corporate Requi
Ann Sultan and Alice Hsieh will speak on the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE) webinar, "Knocking on the Door: How to Handle an Unexpected Investigation by Enforcement Authorities,"
In this article, Ann Sultan reviewed the key findings of Miller & Chevalier's 2018 Europe-Caucasus-Asia (ECA) Corruption Survey, which compared the corr
In this article, James Tillen and Ann Sultan analyze 2018 enforcement trends to make th