As a leading tax practice in the U.S. according to Chambers USA, we are routinely asked by clients to advise on the tax implications of major transactions. Whether they are engaged in mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, spin-offs, joint ventures, strategic alliances, or equity and debt financing, our clients rely on us to help them resolve tax questions that can have a significant impact on the success of the transaction. We are adept at understanding the tax implications of complex, multi-billion dollar, and cross-border transactions with novel tax issues, including public company and private equity driven deals and reorganizations.
We are generally consulted for transactions with cutting edge tax issues or that are especially tax sensitive. We bring to our clients a unique mix of specialized tax capabilities, extensive transactional experience including with global transactions, and both government and in-house experience. Our client base includes U.S. and foreign-based multinationals, large partnerships, S-corporations, and privately held companies. We are adept at collaborating with in-house specialists and external advisors, including the bankers, law firms and other consultants leading the deals.
We help our clients structure their transactions at every stage of their deals. We have been instrumental in exploring the tax implications of potential transactions, conducting due diligence concerning the tax histories of the entities involved, structuring the tax aspects of potential deals, obtaining IRS and regulatory approvals for transactions, and managing closing and post-closing tax aspects of the deal. Throughout the process we provide customized guidance to minimize potential tax burdens and maximize the value of the deal.
- Government Relations: Specialist Tax Firms (USA-Nationwide), 2019 - 2023
- Tax (District of Columbia), 2003 - 2023
- Tax: Controversy (USA-Nationwide), 2007 - 2023
- Tax: Corporate & Finance (USA-Nationwide), 2020 - 2023
- Tax Team of the Year, 2016
- Tax: Contentious (U.S.), 2007 - 2023
- Tax: International Tax (U.S.), 2013 - 2023
- Tax: Non-Contentious (U.S.), 2013 - 2023
International Tax Review
- World Tax (Washington, DC), 2012, 2014 - 2020
- World Transfer Pricing (National), 2014 - 2020
- "Americas Tax Awards": Americas Tax Policy Firm of the Year, 2012 - 2013, 2015 - 2016
- "Americas Tax Awards": Washington, DC Tax Firm of the Year, 2013
- "Americas Tax Awards": Washington, DC Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year, 2012
- Tier 1 U.S. Firm, Tax Planning Survey, 2018
U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms"
- Tax Law (District of Columbia), 2010 - 2023
- Tax Law (National), 2010 - 2023