- J.D.Temple University Beasley School of Lawcum laude2017
- B.A.University of Pittsburghmagna cum laude2013
Sam Lapin is a Senior Associate in the Tax Department. He focuses his practice on tax controversy and litigation as well as international tax planning. Before joining the firm, Sam was a Law Clerk to Judge Cary Douglas Pugh on the U.S. Tax Court. During law school, he served as Note & Comment Editor for the Temple Law Review.
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2020
- Vice-Chair, New Tax Practitioners Committee, DC Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association Tax Section
District of Columbia
- Law Clerk, Judge Cary Douglas Pugh, U.S. Tax Court
Washington, DC, April 5, 2021 – Miller & Chevalier is pleased to announce that 47 firm lawyers were named to the 2020 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, with 25 firm lawyers providin
Rocco Femia, James Gadwood, Lisandra Ortiz, and Sam Lapin will present to the Tax Executives Institute's (TEI's) Western Michigan Chapter on February 9, 2021.
Erin Sweeney,* David Zimmerman, Sam Lapin, and Lisandra Ortiz will be speaking at the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Taxation 2019 Fall Meeting on October 3, 2019, in San Francisco, CA.
San Francisco, CA
Washington, DC, October 1, 2019 – Miller & Chevalier today announced that the firm's Tax Department was named a Tier 1 U.S.
On June 9, 2021, Senator Angus King (I-ME) and Senator Charles Grassley (R-IA) introduced the Accelerating Charitable Efforts (ACE) Act (S. 1981).