Washington, DC, July 9, 2019 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered today announced that the firm's Members elected Kathryn Cameron Atkinson, Me
- Retained by a consortium of more than 35 U.S. health insurance companies to provide ongoing analyses of various ACA provisions and implementation issues. Our team of attorneys has provided swift advice to the clients on a wide range of topics, in the form of an initial planning call, a detailed written memorandum, a follow-up teleconference discussion, and in many cases, a written set of answers to frequently asked questions.
- Provide ongoing assistance on all aspects of ACA implementation to a number of large employers in a wide range of industries and geographic locations, including a major Silicon Valley technology companies, large financial institutions, quasi-federal governmental entities, energy companies, restaurant chains, and retail outlets.
- Prepared a comprehensive white paper addressing legal issues implicated by employer-sponsored wellness programs, including federal nondiscrimination requirements and related penalties under HIPAA and the ACA, and the application of other federal and state laws.
- Assisted a health insurer in restructuring its governmental lines of business, in order to take advantage of an ACA exemption that resulted in a significant reduction in the company’s annual insurer fee liability under ACA § 9010.
- Advised several large employers and insurance carrier] s on a wide range of ACA reporting issues, including SSN/TIN solicitation requirements.
- Prepared extensive written comments, and testified before the IRS and Treasury Department, regarding the numerous challenges that insurers and employers face in soliciting and reporting SSNs/TINs of covered individuals.