- J.D.Georgetown University Law Centermagna cum laude, Order of the Coif2016
- B.A.Yale University2009
Elizabeth Jonas is a Senior Associate in the Litigation Department. Her practice focuses on complex civil litigation and appellate advocacy.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier, Ms. Jonas was a litigation associate at an Am Law 100 firm, where she assisted on white collar criminal defense, government and internal investigations, and appellate litigation. Ms. Jonas previously served as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Roy McLeese III in the District of Columbia Court of Appeals and legal intern to the Honorable Marian Blank Horn in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
Ms. Jonas has experience drafting persuasive pleadings and carefully crafting and responding to motions for a variety of causes of action in state and federal court, involving breach of fiduciary duty, corporate governance, employment discrimination, and administrative agency appeals. She has also served as court-appointed counsel at the Maryland Court of Special Appeals and as co-counsel to amicus curiae, the Innocence Project, at the United States Supreme Court.
Ms. Jonas graduated magna cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center in 2016, where she served as a managing editor of the Annual Survey of White Collar Crime at the American Criminal Law Review and as a student attorney for the Appellate Litigation Clinic.
- Correspondence Manager and Writer, Senator Richard Blumenthal, United States Senate, 2012 - 2014
- Intern, Office of the First Lady, The White House, 2011 - 2012
- Honors Paralegal, United States Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Fraud Section, 2009 - 2011
- Legal Intern, United States Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey, 2009
- Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder Program, 2020
District of Columbia
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Roy McLeese III, District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Legal Intern, The Honorable Marian Blank Horn, United States Court of Federal Claims
Washington, DC, October 23, 2020 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered proudly announces that the firm was named as one of the top 30 investigations practices globally in the Glob
Washington, DC, October
The Department of Defense's (DoD) long-awaited final rule restricting the use of lowest price tech