Joanne Roskey has over 25 years of experience representing private clients and federal agencies in a broad spectrum of litigation, advice, and administrative law matters. As part of Miller & Chevalier's ERISA & Employee Benefits Litigation team, Ms. Roskey focuses her practice on the fiduciary, prohibited transaction, and health plan provisions of ERISA. She advises clients on compliance issues and in government investigations and litigation across a wide range of employee benefits matters.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier, Ms. Roskey served as Chief of the Division of Health Investigations for the Department of Labor's (DOL) Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA), where she led the strategic planning and oversight of EBSA's health plan enforcement program and implemented, monitored, and assessed compliance with national enforcement priorities carried out by 10 regional offices across the country. Previously, she served in the DOL Office of the Solicitor for 14 years as Deputy Associate Solicitor in the ERISA Litigation, Advice, and Regulations Division, Regional ERISA Counsel, and an employee benefits trial attorney. She also was Associate General Counsel to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), where she defended the agency and its officials in civil litigation.
Ms. Roskey began her legal career in private practice as an associate attorney in the employment law and litigation practice of a global Am Law 100 law firm.
- Chief, Division of Health Investigations, Employee Benefits Security Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, 2021 - 2022
- Deputy Associate Solicitor, Plan Benefits Security Division, Office of the Solicitor, U.S. Department of Labor, 2015 - 2021
- Regional Counsel for ERISA, Office of the Solicitor, U.S. Department of Labor, 2011 - 2015
- Senior Trial Attorney & Trial Attorney, Office of the Solicitor, U.S. Department of Labor, 2006 - 2011
- Assistant General Counsel, Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Department of Justice, 2004 - 2006
- Secretary of Labor Honors Award for Distinguished Career Service, U.S. Department of Labor, 2021
- Director, American Benefits Council Policy Board
- Member, ERISA Industry Committee Advisory Council
- Member, Employee Benefits Committee, American Bar Association (ABA)
- Member, Selection Committee, Robert N. Walton Scholarship
- Co-Chair, Employee Benefits Committee, ABA Section of Labor & Employment Law, 2018 - 2021
- District of Columbia