- J.D.The George Washington University Law School2018
- B.A.University of California at Berkeley2014
Nicole Gökçebay is an associate in the International Department. She focuses her practice on international corporate compliance and internal and government investigations related primarily to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-corruption and human rights standards. She has assisted with internal and government investigations and compliance matters in the United States and Latin America. She also focuses her practice on international trade, with an emphasis on tariffs and customs. In the course of her practice, Ms. Gökçebay advises clients on trade policy and customs matters with an eye towards minimizing the cost of importing merchandise into the United States.
Prior to law school, Ms. Gökçebay interned at Thomson Reuters in Istanbul, Turkey where she worked in news and media during Turkey's 2011 General Election. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Gökçebay lived in Dublin, Ireland, where she was a summer associate at a commercial law firm and focused on banking and regulatory litigation arising out of the 2008 Irish Banking Crisis. She also served as a law clerk for Ireland's Refugee Legal Services and most recently at the Department of Homeland Security's Transportation Security Administration (TSA) in Washington, DC.
- Represented one of the world's largest multinational food producers in an internal review of certain cross-border transactions and food quality operations in Latin America.
- Represented a multinational oil company in an investigation into allegations of improper payments by employees of the U.S. company's Mexican subsidiary to a third party.
- Serves as a core member on an Independent Compliance Monitor team focusing on human resources issues, including harassment and discrimination, on behalf of a regulatory agency in Massachusetts.
- Pro bono: led an investigation into allegations of harassment and discrimination by a senior executive of a national non-profit organization.
- Law Clerk, Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, 2017
- Law Clerk, Refugee Legal Services, Legal Aid Board – Dublin, Ireland: 2016, 2017
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono High Honor Roll, 2019 - 2020
District of Columbia
Washington, DC, April 5, 2021 – Miller & Chevalier is pleased to announce that 47 firm lawyers were named to the 2020 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, with 25 firm lawyers providin
Washington, DC, March 22, 2021 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered announced today that the firm was named a Top International Law Firm by Latinvex, a well-known publisher
John E. Davis, Ann Sultan, Virginia S. Newman, Ivo K.
Washington, DC, October 23, 2020 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered proudly announces that the firm was named as one of the top 30 investigations practices globally in the Glob
Washington, DC, October