Joshua Drew is a Special Counsel at Miller & Chevalier Chartered focused on international anti-corruption matters and internal investigations. He has experience as a senior legal executive, chief compliance officer, and federal prosecutor. He most recently served as the Group Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer at Veon Ltd., an international communications and technology company headquartered in Amsterdam with over 200 million customers in 10 countries.
Prior to joining Veon, Mr. Drew was Vice President & Associate General Counsel for Ethics and Anti-Corruption at Hewlett Packard Enterprise where he managed a team of anti-corruption, global trade, and social and environmental responsibility lawyers and compliance professionals. He also previously served as Director, Corporate Compliance & Business Practices at Endo Pharmaceuticals. Mr. Drew began his legal career in the U.S. Department of Justice working for four years as a Trial Attorney in the Fraud Section of the Criminal Division, and for six years as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the District of New Jersey, prosecuting public corruption, money laundering, tax evasion, and other white collar crimes.
Mr. Drew graduated cum laude from Northwestern University School of Law and was a judicial law clerk in the Northern District of Illinois. He is a member of the bar in Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
- Assistant United States Attorney, U.S. Attorney's Office, District of New Jersey (2003 - 2009)
- Trial Attorney, Fraud Section, U.S. Department of Justice, Criminal Division (1999 - 2003)
- Compliance Week's Excellence in Compliance Award, "Compliance Comeback of the Year," 2020
- Director's Award, Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys, U.S. Department of Justice, 2009
- Director's Certificate, Federal Bureau of Investigation, 2008 and 2002
- Special Achievement Award for Superior Performance, U.S. Department of Justice, 2002
- Special Achievement Award for Meritorious Acts of Service, U.S. Department of Justice, 2000
- Law Clerk, Honorable Rebecca Pallmeyer, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1998 - 1999
- Law Clerk, Honorable Harry D. Leinenweber, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1997 - 1998