Franco Jofré* is a Senior Advisor specializing in compliance and regulatory affairs. With a strong foundation in corporate and financial law, working with the firm's lawyers, his focus is centered around ensuring clients' adherence to complex regulatory regimes and navigating the intricacies of compliance in today's rapidly evolving legal landscape.
Mr. Jofré is an authority on compliance matters, particularly in the areas of financial services and technology. He primarily works with traditional financial institutions, non-bank financial services companies, and technology firms, providing them with tailored solutions to meet their compliance needs.
Mr. Jofré is a trusted advisor in emerging payment technologies, with deep understanding of issues related to money transmission, virtual currencies, electronic payments, and stored value. He specializes in blockchain-related matters, guiding clients that include crypto exchange platforms, investment funds (both on- and off-chain), and non-fungible token (NFT) projects.
Mr. Jofré's extensive experience extends beyond U.S. borders, where he has provided strategic counsel to top multinational corporations in international corporate compliance and internal investigations, having successfully structured and implemented compliance programs and anti-money laundering/counter-financing of terrorism (AML/CTF) manuals for domestic and foreign subsidiaries. His clients have included highly regulated sectors and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Mr. Jofré has conducted fraud investigations and managed Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) internal investigations. He has also led thorough third-party due diligence and played pivotal roles in due diligence efforts related to mergers and acquisitions.
*Admitted in Argentina. Not practicing as a lawyer.
- Conducted cross-border internal investigations for multinational corporations working with cutting-edge technology in the collection, review, and production of evidence.
- Structured and implemented internal policies and procedures for domestic and foreign financial institutions' subsidiaries and companies from other hyperregulated sectors.
- Advised financial technology (fintech) companies in risk reduction and assisted in product launches.
- Performed compliance in-company training sessions for Fortune 500 companies.
- Designed and implemented AML/CTF manuals for entities subject to report before financial information authorities in Latin America.
- Performed extensive regional regulatory risk assessments for international financial institutions and fintech companies.
- Advised top domestic and international banks, payment service providers, and blockchain clients on a full spectrum of regulatory, transactional, and general corporate matters in Latin America.
- Designed and implemented complex structures for the inflow and outflow of funds under the Argentine foreign exchange (FX) regime.
- Advised traditional financial institutions in the integration and implementation of fintech and blockchain solutions.
- Advised borrowers in trade transactions, including pre-export, receivables, and commodity financing transactions.
- Intern, Inspection and Control Subsecretary, Cordoba's Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Livestock, 2014 - 2015
- Legal 500 Latin America: Compliance, Rising Star, 2023