EMBARGOED!: Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia
In the wake of most recent round of sanctions against Russia, host Tim O'Toole and guest Dara Fernandez Perez (General Counsel – Trade Sanctions, EMEAI at Honeywell) discuss the impact of earlier sanctions packages, the challenges and opportunities those sanctions have created for the sanctions compliance and legal communities, and the particulars of the latest sanctions on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Overview of Russia sanctions since February 2022 in the EU, U.K., and U.S.
- New EU and U.K. sanctions
- U.S. sanctions/export controls
- E.O. 14024: Authority to designate companies operating in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Manufacturing, and Transportation
- E.O. 14071: Prohibition on architecture and engineering services
- Over 300 designations by OFAC/State, focusing on sanctions evasion, tech imports, and energy and extractive revenue, including Polyus (subject to wind-down GL)
- BIS Export Controls
- FinCEN-BIS Joint Alert
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMBARGOED! is not intended and cannot be relied on as legal advice; the content only reflects the thoughts and opinions of its hosts.
EMBARGOED! is intelligent talk about sanctions, export controls, and all things international trade for trade nerds and normal human beings alike. Each episode will feature deep thoughts and hot takes about the latest headline-grabbing developments in this area of the law, as well as some below-the-radar items to keep an eye on. Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts for new bi-weekly episodes so you don't miss out!