Kathleen Wach is the Pro Bono Counsel for Miller & Chevalier. She is responsible for coordinating and supporting the diverse pro bono work of the lawyers in the firm and serves as a contact point for the legal services community.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier in April 1999, Ms. Wach was an attorney in the Legal Division of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, serving in the office responsible for screening appeals and petitions for agency review and recommending dispositions on all non-argued matters. Ms. Wach has also worked for the Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia and was a Westwood Fellow at the Neighborhood Legal Services Program.
Ms. Wach was awarded the American Trial Lawyers Association Litigation Award while at Georgetown University Law Center. She received the 1986 Presidential Service Award while at the College of the Holy Cross.
- Attorney, Legal Division, U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit, 1994 - 1999
- The John Carroll Society Pro Bono Legal Service Award, 2020
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono High Honor Roll, 2013 - 2017, 2019
- Member, Board of Directors, Association of Pro Bono Counsel (APBCo)
- Member, Board of Directors, Law Firm Antiracism Alliance, Inc.
- Member, Standing Committee on Pro Bono & Public Service, American Bar Association
- Chair, Hearing Committee Number One, District of Columbia Board of Professional Responsibility
- Member, Rules of Professional Conduct Review Committee, District of Columbia Bar
- Member, Defining Law Firm Pro Bono Working Group, Pro Bono Institute
- District of Columbia
- Clerk, The Honorable Mildred Edwards, Superior Court of the District of Columbia