EMBARGOED!: Takeoff: Staying Sanctions Free on the Canadian Side of the Border
In this week's episode, host Tim O'Toole and guests John Boscariol (Partner, McCarthy Tetrault) and Stacy Keen (Partner, Pinsent Masons) focus on Canadian sanctions, including the evolution of the Russia sanctions, a comparison of Canadian and U.S. approaches to ownership and control issues, and a look at unique compliance challenges.
- 50,000 foot primer on Canadian sanctions, including sanctions authority and enforcement
- Sanctions against Russia since Feb. 2022 and how Canadian sanctions have evolved
- Comparison of ownership and control approaches in the U.S. and Canada
- Challenge of ownership and control in the U.S., EU, and Canada
- Canadian approach (traditional and new legislation)
- Compliance challenges
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMBARGOED! is not intended and cannot be relied on as legal advice; the content only reflects the thoughts and opinions of its hosts.
EMBARGOED! is intelligent talk about sanctions, export controls, and all things international trade for trade nerds and normal human beings alike. Each episode will feature deep thoughts and hot takes about the latest headline-grabbing developments in this area of the law, as well as some below-the-radar items to keep an eye on. Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts for new bi-weekly episodes so you don't miss out!