EMBARGOED!: The 2023 Sequel to Episode 19: What’s Up with TikTok?
Host Tim O'Toole is joined by guest Art Dicker (Senior Counsel with R&P China Lawyers in Shanghai) to discuss the ongoing TikTok legal saga. They'll outline the history of regulation and executive orders regarding TikTok and the proposed legislation addressing it moving forward.
- Commerce Department executive order under IEEPA
- CFIUS (music.ly acquisition)
- Supply Chain Notice of Rulemaking and EO (under IEEPA)
- Proposed legislation that would undo result of litigation by amending IEEPA
- Proposed legislation that would focus on data privacy concerns
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMBARGOED! is not intended and cannot be relied on as legal advice; the content only reflects the thoughts and opinions of its hosts.
EMBARGOED! is intelligent talk about sanctions, export controls, and all things international trade for trade nerds and normal human beings alike. Each episode will feature deep thoughts and hot takes about the latest headline-grabbing developments in this area of the law, as well as some below-the-radar items to keep an eye on. Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts for new bi-weekly episodes so you don't miss out!