ACI 11th Summit on Anti-Corruption Brazil
São Paulo, Brazil
William Barry and Matteson Ellis will speak at the American Conference Institute's 11th Summit on Anti-Corruption Brazil on May 25-26, 2022, in São Paulo, Brazil.
On May 25, Barry will present "DOJ & SEC Update: What's in Store for U.S. Anti-Corruption Enforcement in Brazil and the Region?" This panel discussion will address topics including:
- Updated national security priorities in the U.S. and Brazil – and countering corruption as a core security interest
- Individual and corporate accountability
- The escalation of the DOJ's corporate criminal enforcement, and broader view of past misconduct
- The intersection of anti-corruption and anti-money laundering
- New legislation and guidance
Ellis will speak on the panel titled "M&A Compliance Due Diligence: When Deals Survive and When They Fail," on May 26. This panel will explore best practices and creative solutions regarding Latin American mergers and acquisitions. Topics for discussion include:
- What are the expectations of U.S., Brazilian, and other enforcement officials for compliance due diligence in these deals?
- What challenges do companies confront in the region when trying to access information at a target?
- What types of risk findings at a target can be addressed with tailored controls and what situations can otherwise cause a deal to fail?