17th Annual SCCE Compliance & Ethics Institute
Las Vegas, Nevada
Matteson Ellis and Ann Sultan will be speaking at the Society for Corporate Compliance and Ethics's (SCCE's) 17th Annual Compliance & Ethics Institute on October 21-24, 2018 in Las Vegas.
Ellis will present, as part of a panel, "Enforcement Goes International - What Does It Mean for Your Compliance Program?" on October 21. Topics will include:
- Brazil now leads the list of countries where companies are under FCPA investigation. Yet that is often only the tip of the overall number of coutnries where companies may be under investigation.
- From the U.S. corporate compliance perspective, how can a company protect itself from an industry or country sweep? Why do you need to understand not only who your third parties and business partners are, but your customers as well?
- From the Brazilian perspective, what should companies be doing proactively in response to this or any other country sweep? How is this different form the American perspective? Is doing compliance in Brazil or any other country in South America different?
Sultan will present, as part of a panel, "Avoiding Investigation Pitfalls: A Boots on the Ground Perspective," on October 24. Topics will include:
- Advice on planning and executing your investigation, including building trust with potential whistleblowers, navigating cross-border investigations and cultural nuances, and interacting with key stakeholders
- Tips for information gathering - interviews, documents, and other creative sources
- The who, what, when, where, and why of communications strategies and government voluntary disclosures