Virginia State Bar 49th Annual Advanced Business Law Conference
Tim O'Toole will speak at the Virginia State Bar's 49th Annual Advanced Business Law Conference on December 9, 2023. O'Toole will present, as part of a panel, "What Every Business Lawyer Must Know About Export Controls and Sanctions Laws."
This panel of export controls and sanctions lawyers will utilize hypotheticals to frame the issues and provide practical insights and issue-spotting capabilities to Conference attendees. Topics covered will include:
- Why must my law firm have its own compliance program?
- How do my clients’ domestic activities trigger risks and obligations with respect to compliance?
- How do these risks and obligations apply and vary in different supply relationships?
- Due diligence implications and practical tips
- Dealing with violations: Voluntary Disclosures and traps for the unwary (including new Joint Agency Policy release)