GIR Live DC
Kathryn Cameron Atkinson will chair and speak on a panel at GIR Live DC on May 15, 2019, in Washington, DC. Atkinson will provide opening and closing remarks for the event as well as moderate the panel, "The New Realities for Corporate Defense Lawyers: Managing Complexity in Global Investigations."
The panel will discuss the following challenges:
- How can practitioners outside the FCPA space take advantage of the DOJ's new across-the-board criminal declination policy?
- What's next in Latin America, as Brazil's Lavo Jato investigation has created anti-corruption momentum and led to parallel cartel investigations in other countries from Peru to Ecuador?
- How will the DOJ's new China Initiative prioritizing FCPA, trade, cybercrime, and other cases against Chinese companies play out?
- How will Australia's new whistleblower law, as well as expected new anti-corruption legislation, affect corporations operating Down Under?
- How do U.S. trade fights, tariffs, and sanctions complicate the picture for multinational corporations?
- What are the best strategies for managing all of the above?