Economic Crime Prevention & Compliance Conference
William Barry and Brian Fleming* will speak at the Economic Crime Prevention & Compliance Conference on April 5-6, 2022, in Zurich, Switzerland.
Barry will moderate the panel titled, "Navigating Around Anti-Bribery, Human Rights, and Due Diligence in High-Risk Markets" on April 5. This panel will discuss topics including:
- The extent of due diligence required for existing third-party relationships
- How to implement a risk-ranking and classification methodology for different types of risk
- How to assess red flags exposed during third party screening processes
On April 6, Fleming will present, "Circumnavigate the Sanctions Countermeasures of the U.S and China." During this presentation, Fleming will discuss:
- The latest OFAC sanctions obligations and practical tips to minimize enforcement risks
- How to keep away from China's Sanctions blacklist
- Practical examples of multinational companies engaging with Chinese sanction laws
*Former Miller & Chevalier attorney.