ACI 14th Forum on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
James Tillen will speak at the American Conference Institute's (ACI) 14th Forum on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act on January 30, 2020, in Houston, Texas. Tillen will present, as part of a panel, "Satisfying the 'Local Content' Requirements: How to Meet Foreign Requirements for Using Local Employees and Resources without Jeopardizing Your Compliance Status."
An increasing number of countries are asking industries to use a certain percentage of their local resources and employees as a condition of doing business. This session will look at how companies are dealing with this requirement, which is fraught with risk:
- How are U.S. companies satisfying this requirement? How are they engaging with the local communities?
- "Forced Marriages": What to do when there is no choice but to deal with a specific third party
- Addressing challenges of finding good business partners
- How to ascertain if a potential business partner is not a conduit for bribery
- What works and what doesn't – how to perform due diligence on these potential business partners
- Addressing the challenge of having to hire individuals one normally wouldn't hire