Omar El-Khattabi is a senior associate in the International department. He focuses his practice on internal and government investigations on a range of issues, including foreign bribery and money laundering.
Omar has assisted with multi-jurisdictional internal and government investigations, compliance audits, third party due diligence, and due diligence in the context of mergers and acquisitions in various countries throughout Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier, Omar worked as an associate at Mayer Brown LLP in each of their Washington, DC, New York, and Dubai offices. He also spent significant periods of time based out of that firm's London and Hong Kong offices.
Omar was also a corporate associate at Baker McKenzie in their Washington, DC and Casablanca offices, where he advised public and private companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions, division sales, joint ventures, minority investments, and corporate reorganizations.
Omar's practice includes a particular focus on the Middle East and Africa, which allows him to leverage his language skills and intimate cultural familiarity with the region. Most recently, he played a pivotal role as the lead associate on the primary legal team tasked with advising Saudi Arabia's B20 Integrity and Compliance Taskforce, working closely with private sector stakeholders to craft in-depth policy recommendations to the G20 Secretariat.
- Lead associate on special legal advisory team advising the 2020 Saudi Arabia B20 Integrity and Compliance Taskforce in the formulation of its recommendations to the G20 Secretariat.
- Advised a major U.S.-based autonomous vehicle company on all corporate, commercial, and regulatory aspects of its strategic alliance with the Government of Dubai for the first self-driving ride hailing service in the world.
- Advised a U.S. company in its joint venture with a Saudi company creating the largest renewables testing lab in the Middle East.
- Advised a major U.S. defense company on a range of corporate, commercial, and regulatory matters in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Advised the North American subsidiaries of a Swiss-based food and beverage conglomerate on a range of corporate, commercial, and compliance matters.
- Advised a major Japan-based cosmetics company on the corporate, commercial, and regulatory aspects of a global corporate reorganization.
District of Columbia