Omar El-Khattabi is a senior associate in the International department. He focuses his practice on corporate and compliance matters and has assisted with multi-jurisdictional internal and government investigations, compliance audits, third party due diligence, and due diligence in the context of mergers and acquisitions in various countries throughout Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier, Omar worked as a corporate associate at Mayer Brown LLP in each of their Washington, DC, New York, and Dubai offices. He also spent significant periods of time based out of that firm's London and Hong Kong offices.
- Lead associate on special legal advisory team advising the 2020 Saudi Arabia B20 Integrity and Compliance Taskforce in the formulation of its recommendations to the G20 Secretariat.
- Advised a major U.S.-based autonomous vehicle company on all corporate, commercial, and regulatory aspects of its strategic alliance with the Government of Dubai for the first self-driving ride hailing service in the world.
- Advised a U.S. company in its joint venture with a Saudi company creating the largest renewables testing lab in the Middle East.
- Advised a major U.S. defense company on a range of corporate, commercial, and regulatory matters in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Advised the North American subsidiaries of a Swiss-based food and beverage conglomerate on a range of corporate, commercial, and compliance matters.
- Advised a major Japan-based cosmetics company on the corporate, commercial, and regulatory aspects of a global corporate reorganization.
- District of Columbia
- New York