- J.D.Duke University School of Law2014
- B.A.University of North Carolina at Chapel Hillwith distinction, Phi Beta Kappa2011
Nina C. Gupta focuses her practice on complex civil and criminal litigation, white collar criminal defense, and government and internal investigations. She routinely represents individuals and companies in federal and state trial and appellate courts and in federal grand jury and government investigations. Ms. Gupta has represented clients during all phases of the litigation process from dispositive motions practice to trial, including taking direct testimony and serving as second chair in a federal trial. In her white collar defense and investigations practice, Ms. Gupta has managed fact development, coordinated document productions and subpoena responses, prepared clients for interviews with law enforcement, and conducted witness interviews. Ms. Gupta has represented individuals and companies before the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), and U.S. Attorney's Offices.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier, Ms. Gupta was an associate at Paul Hastings LLP, where she focused on white collar criminal defense, government and internal investigations, and appellate litigation. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, she served as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Robert L. Hinkle in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida.
Ms. Gupta graduated from Duke University School of Law in 2014, where she won the Dean's Cup Moot Court Competition, and served as Notes and Research Editor of Law & Contemporary Problems, on the Executive Board of the Moot Court Board, and as a Student Attorney for the Wrongful Convictions Clinic.
- Represent voting rights organizations and churches in federal civil action against the Georgia Secretary of State and State Election Board regarding constitutional and statutory claims of voter suppression in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- Defended a company and two executives in a bench trial in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California in a government enforcement action regarding company statements about its products brought by the DOJ and FDA.
- Represented company executives in interviews before the DOJ, SEC, and OCC in relation to a bank fraud investigation.
- Represented U.S. company before the DOJ and multilateral development banks in connection with a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigation, resulting in a declination and disgorgement from the DOJ.
- Represented international company before the DOJ Antitrust Division in connection with an industry-wide investigation into price fixing.
- Represented pharmaceutical executive before the DOJ Antitrust Division in connection with an investigation into the generic pharmaceutical drug industry related to allegations of price fixing.
- Represented client in interviews with law enforcement regarding the use by the former Secretary of State of a non-governmental private email server.
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Criminal Defense: White Collar (Ones to Watch), 2021
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers®: Rising Star, Criminal Defense: White Collar, 2020
- Legal 500: Antitrust: Cartel, 2020
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono High Honor Roll, 2016, 2018
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2015, 2017, 2019
- Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder Program, 2019
District of Columbia
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Robert L. Hinkle, United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 2014 - 2015
Washington, DC, October 23, 2020 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered proudly announces that the firm was named as one of the top 30 investigations practices globally in the Glob
Washington, DC, August 20, 2020 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered is pleased to announce that 30 firm lawyers were selected as top Washington, DC, practitioners in The Best Lawyer
Washington, DC, June 22, 2020 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered announced today that the firm received numerous practice and individual rankings in the 2020 edition of Legal 5
A Consumer Reports story quoted Kirby Behre regarding Miller & Chevalier's defense of hand sanitizer manufacturer Innovative BioDefense (IBD) at trial. The U.S.
Washington, DC, October