- J.D.University of Iowa College of Lawwith high distinction, Order of the Coif1999
- B.A.Colorado Collegecum laude1996
Matthew Reinhard focuses his practice on white collar criminal defense and internal investigations. He has represented individuals and corporations facing investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), various U.S. Attorneys' offices, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). He also represents targets, subjects, and witnesses in all stages of criminal prosecutions. Mr. Reinhard was named one of the top three most highly regarded future leaders in the United States by Who's Who Legal: Investigations, which described him as "an excellent investigations lawyer" and market authority on white collar criminal defense and internal investigations who is "really at the top of his game and goes above and beyond for his clients."
Mr. Reinhard works with multinational companies, with particular emphasis on the oil and gas industry, in a variety of international investigation and counseling matters. He has led large teams of firm attorneys on complex international internal investigations involving complicated allegations of criminal activity, which required the extensive review of electronic data and in-person interviews of employees and third parties, oftentimes outside of the United States. Mr. Reinhard counsels his clients as to whether and when to voluntarily disclose the findings of such investigations to law enforcement officials and, where necessary, guides clients through interactions with law enforcement agencies to ensure the best possible outcome. Such matters oftentimes involve coordinating cross-border investigations and disclosure activities with agencies in several countries and coordinating local representation.
Additionally, Mr. Reinhard assists companies with pre- and post-acquisition compliance due diligence and conducts international due diligence of potential business partners and agents to ensure such relationships do not create unnecessary compliance risk.
Mr. Reinhard is experienced in all phases of civil litigation and has represented companies and individuals, as both plaintiffs and defendants, in claims for complex business torts, breach of fiduciary duty, professional malpractice, and claims brought under the Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO).
While at The University of Iowa College of Law, Mr. Reinhard was a member of the Chicago Moot Court Team and the Iowa Law Review.
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Criminal Defense: White Collar, 2021
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers®: Criminal Defense: White Collar, 2013 - 2020
- Who's Who Legal: Global Elite Thought Leader (Business Crime Defence), 2021
- Who's Who Legal: Thought Leaders – GIR, 2019
- Who's Who Legal: Business Crime Defence (Advice to Corporates), 2016 - 2019
- Who's Who Legal: Business Crime Defence (Advice to Individuals), 2018 - 2019
- Who's Who Legal: Investigations, 2019 - 2020
- Who's Who Legal: Investigations - Future Leaders: Partners, 2018
- Legal 500: Dispute Resolution: International Trade, 2017
- Global Investigations Review: 40 Under 40, 2014
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2014, 2017
- Co-Chair, Criminal Law Committee, International Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs
- Content Coordinator, Young Lawyers' Division, American Bar Association, 2008 - 2009
- Former Fellow, Section of Business Law, American Bar Association, 2004 - 2006
District of Columbia
- Clerk, The Honorable Carolyn Dineen-King, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Washington, DC, October 23, 2020 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered proudly announces that the firm was named as one of the top 30 investigations practices globally in the Glob
Washington, DC, September 9, 2020 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered proudly announced today that eight firm lawyers were recognized in the 2020 edition of Who's Who Legal: Bus
Washington, DC, August 20, 2020 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered is pleased to announce that 30 firm lawyers were selected as top Washington, DC, practitioners in The Best Lawyer
Miller & Chevalier, Addleshaw Goddard, and Forensic Risk Alliance will present the webinar, "OFAC & OFSI: Friends Forever or Partners of Convenience?
Matthew Reinhard was quoted regarding the indictment of two former 21st Century Fox executives in the FIFA bribery investigation.
We are pleased to announce the publication of Getting the Deal Through: Legal Privilege &a
In this article, Matthew Reinhard discusses the factors companies should consider when facing joint investigations from the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the U.K.