- J.D.The University of Michigan Law School1964
- A.B.Harvard University1961
Dennis Bedell assists taxpayers in a wide variety of industries, including oil and gas, hard minerals, steel, real estate, hotels, gas and electric utilities, technology, and hedge funds, with their significant federal tax issues. He has handled tax controversies before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), as well as in a variety of courts, and has assisted with the issuance of innovative financial instruments and with complex transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings, and joint ventures. While his practice has emphasized financial products, financial derivatives, natural resources, partnerships, and international tax issues, Mr. Bedell has represented clients in a wide breadth of tax issues. With his more than 40 years of practice, he brings to a client's problems judgment honed by wide experience, including more than 30 years of teaching graduate law students as an Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University Law Center.
- Assistant Chief of Staff, Joint Committee on Taxation, U.S. Congress, 1970 - 1971
- Assistant Legislative Counsel, Joint Committee on Taxation, U.S. Congress, 1969
- Legislation Attorney, Joint Committee on Taxation, U.S. Congress, 1967 - 1968
- Legislation and Regulations Division of the Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service, 1964 - 1967
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Litigation & Controversy - Tax and Tax Law, 1987 - 2019
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers®: Tax, 2009 - 2019
- Charles Fahy Distinguished Adjunct Professor Award, Georgetown University Law Center, 1997 - 1998
- Member, Section of Taxation, American Bar Association
- Fellow, The American College of Tax Counsel
- Former Chair, Natural Resources Committee Section of Taxation
- Former Chair, Taxation Committee, District of Columbia Bar
- Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University Law Center
District of Columbia
Washington, DC, August 15, 2018 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered today announced that 21 firm lawyers were selected as top Washington, DC, practitioners in The Best Lawyers in Am
Miller & Chevalier is pleased to announce that the firm was one of only five law firms in Washington, DC, to increase its commitment level to the D.C. Bar's Raising the Bar campaign.
Washington, DC, May 5, 2018 – Miller & Chevalier today announced that the firm's Tax Department was named a Tier 1 U.S.
Washington, DC, October 23, 2017 – Miller & Chevalier today announced that the firm's Tax Department was recognized in the International Tax Review (ITR) 2018
Washington, DC, August 15, 2017 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered today announced that 23 firm lawyers were selected as top Washington, DC, practitioners in The Best Lawyers in Am