- J.D.University of California, Hastings College of the Law2007
- B.S.University of California, Davis2000
Abigail (Abi) Stokes* focuses her practice on all aspects of government contracts-related compliance and litigation. Her significant experience in this area includes advising on complex, high-dollar-value Federal Acquisition Regulation and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement-based acquisitions, as well as non-traditional procurement instruments such as Other Transaction Authority (OTA) agreements and public-private partnerships. Ms. Stokes has counseled extensively on statutory and regulatory compliance issues throughout the procurement lifecycle, including the Competition in Contracting Act (CICA), the Procurement Integrity Act (PIA), the Trade Secrets Act, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and regulations governing cybersecurity, technical data and computer software rights, requests for equitable adjustments, contract terminations, and suspension and debarments.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier, Ms. Stokes was an associate counsel with the Naval Sea Systems Command, Department of Navy, Office of General Counsel. There, she supported Navy programs responsible for developing, procuring, and managing unique systems for Navy vessels. In addition, she led and supported the defense of several successful Government Accountability Office (GAO) bid protests and advised on the establishment of an OTA consortium for undersea and maritime prototyping. Ms. Stokes received an Acquisition Excellence award in 2012 from the Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Research, Development & Acquisition and was a recipient of the Department of Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Award from the General Counsel of the Navy in 2019.
Ms. Stokes also previously served as an associate counsel at the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head and an attorney advisor at the Naval Air Systems Command. In 2014, she was selected by the Navy General Counsel for the prestigious Harvey J. Wilcox Fellowship, in which she provided direct support to the Navy Secretariat. Ms. Stokes began her legal career as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Alex R. Munson of the U.S. District Court for the Northern Mariana Islands.
*Admitted in California. Not admitted in the District of Columbia. Practicing under the supervision of a member of the DC Bar.
- Associate Counsel, Naval Sea Systems Command, Office of General Counsel, Department of the Navy, 2017 - 2019
- Associate Counsel, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Office of General Counsel, Department of the Navy, 2012 - 2017
- Harvey J. Wilcox Fellow, Office of General Counsel, Department of the Navy, 2014 - 2015
- Attorney Advisor, Naval Air Systems Command, Office of General Counsel, Department of the Navy, 2010 - 2012
- Department of Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Award, General Counsel of the Navy, 2019
- Acquisition Excellence Award for Innovation in Acquisition, Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Research, Development & Acquisition), 2012
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable Alex R. Munson, U.S. District Court for the Northern Mariana Islands
Jason Workmaster and Abigail Stokes will speak at the Coalition for Government Procurement 2019 Spring Training Conference on May 16, 2019, in Falls Church, VA.
Falls Church, VA
Miller & Chevalier Chartered announced the arrival of Abigail Stokes as a Counsel in the firm's Litigation practice, effective April 17, 2019.
Washington, DC, April 30, 2019 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered is excited to announce that Abigail (Abi) Stokes has joined Miller &