- J.D.Georgetown University Law Center1990
- B.A.College of the Holy Cross1986
Kathleen Wach is the Pro Bono Counsel for Miller & Chevalier. She is responsible for coordinating and supporting the diverse pro bono work of the lawyers in the firm and serves as a contact point for the legal services community.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier in April 1999, Ms. Wach was an attorney in the Legal Division of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, serving in the office responsible for screening appeals and petitions for agency review and recommending dispositions on all non-argued matters. Ms. Wach has also worked for the Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia and was a Westwood Fellow at the Neighborhood Legal Services Program.
Ms. Wach was awarded the American Trial Lawyers Association Litigation Award while at Georgetown University Law Center. She received the 1986 Presidential Service Award while at the College of the Holy Cross.
- Attorney, Legal Division, U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit, 1994 - 1999
- The John Carroll Society Pro Bono Legal Service Award, 2020
- DC Bar Capital Pro Bono High Honor Roll, 2013 - 2017, 2019
- Member, Board of Directors, Association of Pro Bono Counsel (APBCo)
- Member, Board of Directors, Law Firm Antiracism Alliance, Inc.
- Member, Standing Committee on Pro Bono & Public Service, American Bar Association
- Chair, Hearing Committee Number One, District of Columbia Board of Professional Responsibility
District of Columbia
- Clerk, The Honorable Mildred Edwards, Superior Court of the District of Columbia
Washington, DC, March 29, 2021 – Miller & Chevalier is pleased to announce that the firm was named the 2020 Champion for Children for law firms under 100 lawyers by Children's
Kathleen Wach will speak on the Washington Council of Lawyers panel, "Best Practices in Pro Bono: The Social Science Behind Doing Good," in Washington, DC, on January 15, 2020.
Kathleen Wach, the firm's Pro Bono Counsel, was quoted regarding the broader impact of a case the U.S. Supreme Court will hear this fall, Mathena v.
Kathleen Wach, the firm's Pro Bono Counsel, commented on an upcoming U.S. Supreme Court case, Mathena v.
In this article, Kathleen Wach and her co-authors discuss the importance of marketing pro bono initiatives to attorneys and tactics to do so effectively, including making pro bono work manageable,
Kathleen Wach, along with two other members of the Association of Pro Bono Counsel, co-authored an article discussing the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Miller v.