- J.D.Harvard Law Schoolcum laude2011
- B.A.Duke Universitymagna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Alpha Theta2008
Katherine Pappas focuses her practice on white collar and internal investigations, and complex civil litigation. She has conducted internal investigations on behalf of corporate clients stemming from allegations of fraud, anti-competitive practices, and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Ms. Pappas routinely conducts witness interviews and manages the review and analysis of large numbers of documents often associated with internal corporate investigations. In addition, she has represented individuals and corporations in connection with enforcement actions brought by the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission. Ms. Pappas has also represented corporate clients in federal district and appellate courts in connection with complex civil litigation matters.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier, Ms. Pappas served as a law clerk to the Honorable Todd E. Edelman on the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and to the Honorable Catharine F. Easterly on the District of Columbia Court of Appeals. While at Harvard Law School, Ms. Pappas was an Executive Editor of the Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review.
- Representing international company in enforcement action brought by the Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, and international enforcement agencies. Representing the Company and individual current and former employees in witness interviews.
- Represented small business in challenge to federal agency action brought in federal court pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Advised labor organization in connection with internal investigation into allegations of internal fraud.
- Clerk, Civil Division, United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, 2009
- Intern, International Prisoner Transfer Unit, Department of Justice, 2007
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Criminal Defense: White Collar (Ones to Watch), 2021
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers®: Rising Star, Civil Litigation, 2019 - 2020
- Member, Superior Court of the District of Columbia Magistrate Judge Advisory Merit Selection Panel
- Member, Children's Law Center Advisory Board
District of Columbia
- Clerk, the Honorable Todd E. Edelman, Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Clerk, the Honorable Catharine F. Easterly, District of Columbia Court of Appeals
Lauren E. Briggerman and Katherine E.
Washington, DC, August 20, 2020 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered is pleased to announce that 30 firm lawyers were selected as top Washington, DC, practitioners in The Best Lawyer
Washington, DC, March 26, 2020 – Miller & Chevalier is pleased to announce that the Children's Law Center (CLC) as one of its 2019 Champions for Children Award winners, in the
Washington, DC, December 4, 2019 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered recently filed an amicus brief addressing an issue of critical importance to federal government contrac
Miller & Chevalier is pleased to sponsor the Inaugural Women's White Collar Defense Association (WWCDA) Awards Dinner Gala.
Oxon Hill, MD
In this article, Lauren Briggerman, Amelia Hairston-Porter,* and Katherin
This winter, we report on several noteworthy developments in white collar investigations impacting executives.