- J.D.Harvard Law Schoolcum laude2011
- B.A.Duke Universitymagna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Alpha Theta2008
Katherine Pappas focuses her practice on white collar and internal investigations, and complex civil litigation. She has conducted internal investigations on behalf of corporate clients stemming from allegations of fraud, anti-competitive practices, and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Ms. Pappas routinely conducts witness interviews and manages the review and analysis of large numbers of documents often associated with internal corporate investigations. In addition, she has represented individuals and corporations in connection with enforcement actions brought by the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission. Ms. Pappas has also represented corporate clients in federal district and appellate courts in connection with complex civil litigation matters.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier, Ms. Pappas served as a law clerk to the Honorable Todd E. Edelman on the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and to the Honorable Catharine F. Easterly on the District of Columbia Court of Appeals. While at Harvard Law School, Ms. Pappas was an Executive Editor of the Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review.
- Representing international company in enforcement action brought by the Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, and international enforcement agencies. Representing the Company and individual current and former employees in witness interviews.
- Represented small business in challenge to federal agency action brought in federal court pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Advised labor organization in connection with internal investigation into allegations of internal fraud.
- Clerk, Civil Division, United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, 2009
- Intern, International Prisoner Transfer Unit, Department of Justice, 2007
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers®: Rising Star, Civil Litigation, 2019
- Member, Superior Court of the District of Columbia Magistrate Judge Advisory Merit Selection Panel
- Member, Children's Law Center Advisory Board
District of Columbia
- Clerk, the Honorable Todd E. Edelman, Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Clerk, the Honorable Catharine F. Easterly, District of Columbia Court of Appeals
Miller & Chevalier is pleased to announce that the firm was recognized as a "Gold Level Donor" to the DC Bar's Raising the Bar campaign.
Miller & Chevalier is pleased to announce that 42 firm lawyers were named to the 2018 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, with 21 firm lawyers providing one hundred hours or more of pro bono service a
Washington, DC, October 26, 2018 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered proudly announces that the firm was named as one of the top 30 investigations practices globally in the Glob
Miller & Chevalier is pleased to announce that the firm was one of only five law firms in Washington, DC, to increase its commitment level to the D.C. Bar's Raising the Bar campaign.
Washington, DC, October 27, 2017 – Miller & Chevalier Chartered proudly announces that the firm was named as one of the top 30 investigations practices globally in the Glob
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) continues to focus on cross-border investigations, leading to indictments of not only U.S. businessmen but also executives living abroad.
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) continues to focus on cross-border white collar investigations and charge individuals located abroad.