Saskia Zandieh’s practice focuses on corporate compliance and white collar defense, primarily involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
Ms. Zandieh has experience assisting multinational companies in conducting cross-border investigations, making voluntary disclosures, and representing clients before U.S. enforcement authorities. In the enforcement context, Ms. Zandieh has prepared numerous witnesses to testify before the DOJ and SEC and has prepared presentations to U.S. enforcement agencies. Ms. Zandieh has also conducted due diligence throughout Latin America and Europe and provided compliance advice on a range of business transactions. Ms. Zandieh brings her native French, her fluency in Spanish, and her past experience living and working in France, Argentina, and Costa Rica to a practice that consistently requires language skills and cultural sensitivities.
Ms. Zandieh also routinely leverages her experience working at U.S. Customs and Border Protection to advise clients on Customs matters. Additionally, Ms. Zandieh serves on the Independent Examiner team for a bank participating in the DOJ Program for Swiss banks.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier, Ms. Zandieh worked at the World Bank’s Legal Vice Presidency on matters ranging from international insolvency and creditor rights law to international environmental and human rights law. She then worked as an Attorney-Advisor at U.S. Customs and Border Protection. During law school, Ms. Zandieh served as a legal extern at the U.S. Department of State's Office of the Legal Advisor, a legal intern at the UN International Labor Organization, and a legal intern at the Center for Justice and International Law in San José, Costa Rica.
- Attorney-Advisor, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of International Trade - Regulations & Rulings, 2009-2010
Professional and Community Involvement
- Co-Chair, Anti-Corruption and Corporate Social Responsibility Committee, The Association of Women in International Trade (WIIT)
- Website Officer, Anti-Corruption Committee, International Bar Association
- Member, French American Chamber of Commerce
- District of Columbia
- New York
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2008
- M.A., The George Washington University Elliott School of International Affairs, 2008
- B.A., University of South Carolina Honors College, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2002