Matthew Reinhard focuses his practice on white collar crime, internal investigations, and complex civil litigation. He has represented individuals and corporations facing investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), various U.S. Attorneys' offices, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). He also represents targets, subjects, and witnesses in all stages of criminal prosecutions.
Mr. Reinhard works with multinational companies on a variety of international investigation and counseling matters, including reviews and analysis of anti-corruption compliance and controls policies and procedures. He frequently conducts internal investigations on behalf of clients, including into allegations of violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), fraud, and harassment. Additionally, Mr. Reinhard also counsels clients on FCPA-related due diligence prior to business acquisitions.
Mr. Reinhard regularly works with clients in the oil and gas industry, conducting internal investigations and responding to government inquiries, managing FCPA due diligence, and reviewing anti-corruption policies and procedures. Additionally, Mr. Reinhard has written on the anti-corruption challenges to the industry surrounding indigenization and technology transfer efforts underway in many West African nations.
Mr. Reinhard is experienced in all phases of civil litigation and has represented companies and individuals, as both plaintiffs and defendants, in claims for complex business torts, breach of fiduciary duty, professional malpractice, and claims brought under the Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO).
While at The University of Iowa College of Law, Mr. Reinhard was a member of the Chicago Moot Court Team and the Iowa Law Review.
Rankings and Recognition
- Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers®: Criminal Defense: White Collar, 2013 - 2016
- Who’s Who Legal: The International Who’s Who of Business Crime Defence Lawyers, 2016
- Global Investigations Review: 40 Under 40, 2014
Professional and Community Involvement
- Vice-Chair, Criminal Law Committee, International Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs
- Content Coordinator, Young Lawyers' Division, American Bar Association, 2008 - 2009
- Former Fellow, Section of Business Law, American Bar Association, 2004 - 2006
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Clerk, The Honorable Carolyn Dineen-King, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, with high distinction, Order of the Coif, 1999
- B.A., Colorado College, cum laude, 1996