Andrew Wise represents individuals and business organizations in complex criminal trials in federal and state courts and defends clients in criminal, regulatory and administrative investigations. He has defended clients in cases involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, mail and wire fraud, bribery and honest services fraud, price-fixing and tax fraud. In addition, he has extensive experience handling cases involving investigation-related offenses such as perjury, false statements and obstruction of justice. Mr. Wise has tried more than 50 cases to resolution before juries and judges in federal and state courts. More >
- Led the trial defense of Kevin Ring on charges of conspiracy, honest services wire fraud, and illegal gratuities in connection with the Department of Justice’s prosecution of individuals tied to Jack Abramoff.
- Defended David Geisen, a nuclear engineer and former manager at Davis-Besse Nuclear Power Station, in criminal and administrative trial proceedings arising out of allegedly false and misleading submissions to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Represented an oil company founder and CEO in simultaneous investigations by U.S. Department of Justice, various Congressional committees, and the United Nations-sponsored Committee into alleged misconduct in connection with the United Nations Oil-for-Food program.
- Defended a pricing manager in a U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division criminal investigation into allegations of price-fixing and market-allocation in the polyester staple industry.
- Advised and represented a former MCI-WorldCom Vice-President in connection with DOJ, SEC, and internal-company investigations into accounting practices and alleged fraud at MCI-WorldCom.
- Staff Attorney, Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia, 1997 - 2002
Rankings and Recognition
- Chambers USA: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations (District of Columbia), 2013 - 2014
- Ethisphere Institute's Attorneys Who Matter (Up and Comers/Rising Stars), 2011
- Washington’s Best Lawyers: Trial Lawyers, Elite Criminal Defenders (Washingtonian Magazine), 2007 - 2014
- Legal 500: Litigation: White Collar Criminal Defense, 2014
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Board of Directors, Council for Court Excellence
- Faculty Member, Harvard Law School’s Trial Advocacy Workshop
- Faculty Member, National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s Intensive Trial Training Program
- District of Columbia
- J.D., The University of Michigan Law School, cum laude, 1997
- B.A., Swarthmore College, 1992