Andrew L. Howlett practices in the area of federal income tax with an emphasis on tax planning, tax-related transactional matters and tax controversy. Mr. Howlett provides counsel on domestic and cross-border corporate tax issues, including advice on asset and stock purchases, joint ventures, mergers, recapitalizations and spin-offs. Mr. Howlett also advises individuals, and has substantial experience with the IRS’s voluntary disclosure program. Mr. Howlett has a substantial pro bono practice, including assisting 501(c)(3) organizations and individuals with a broad range of tax issues.
Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier in 2012, Mr. Howlett worked on domestic and cross-border transactional tax matters at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP in New York City.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Legal Aid Justice Center Advisory Council
- Member, DC Bar Association Tax Section
- Member, American Bar Association Tax Section
- District of Columbia
- New York (inactive)
- Texas (inactive)
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2010
- B.A., Cornell University, with distinction in all subjects, 2007