Aiysha Hussain is a Senior Associate in the Litigation department, focusing her practice on civil and criminal matters as well as appellate litigation. Prior to joining Miller & Chevalier, Ms. Hussain served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Judge Peter Hall for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and managed a diverse caseload concerning constitutional, federal, and state matters. Prior to her clerkship, Ms. Hussain was a litigation associate in private practice. After being selected as a Fulbright Research Scholar, Ms. Hussain spent 2006-2007 in Egypt evaluating the effectiveness of governmental policies toward street children and analyzing non-governmental initiatives and programs to reintegrate such children into mainstream society.
While at Georgetown University Law Center, Ms. Hussain served as Editor-in-Chief of the American Criminal Law Review.
Professional and Community Involvement
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Clerk, The Honorable Judge Peter W. Hall, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Clerk, The Honorable Chief Judge Curtis V. Gomez, United States District Court for the District of the Virgin Islands, 2010 - 2012
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2010
- B.S., Georgetown University, 2005