Washington DC, June 14, 2016 -- Miller & Chevalier Chartered today announced the launch of its new Tax Withholding & Reporting Blog. The blog will serve as a resource for in-house counsel and professionals in tax, accounts payable and payroll roles who must stay up-to-date on the ever-shifting requirements of federal and state tax withholding and reporting issues. This is one of the only blogs dedicated solely to covering these critical areas.
The blog will discuss an array of topics including:
- Employment taxes, including federal and state income tax withholding and Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) taxes;
- Form 1099 reporting, including 1099-MISC, 1099-K, 1099-B and others in the 1099 series;
- Backup withholding;
- Withholding and reporting on payments to nonresident alien individuals and foreign corporations under Chapter 3;
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) reporting and withholding under Chapter 4;
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) information reporting requirements for applicable large employers and providers of minimum essential coverage;
- State reporting and withholding requirements -- such as California’s withholding requirements for payments to non-California residents and similar requirements in South Carolina and Nebraska; and
- Worker classification issues.
The blog will not only cover substantive requirements of the law, but information on related penalties, penalty abatement, IRS audit trends and other topical developments in these areas.
About the Payroll Taxes and Information Reporting Practice
Miller & Chevalier’s Payroll Taxes and Information Reporting practice serves clients headquartered throughout the U.S. and around the world in planning, error correction and disputes with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The practice advises clients on a wide array of issues including Forms 1042, 1042-S, 1095, 1096, 1098, 1099 and W-2 reporting; backup withholding; FICA taxes and federal income tax withholding; Chapter 3 (withholding on payments to nonresident alien individuals and corporations) and Chapter 4 (FATCA); and state withholding tax issues.
About Miller & Chevalier
Founded in 1920, Miller & Chevalier is a Washington, D.C. law firm with a global perspective and leading practices in Tax, Employee Benefits (including ERISA), International Law and Business, White Collar and Internal Investigations, Complex Litigation, and Government Affairs. In an era of big law, Miller & Chevalier is a top-ranked firm sharply focused on targeted areas that interact with the federal government. Over the past three years, the firm's lawyers have represented more than 40 percent of the Fortune 100, one-quarter of the Fortune 500 and approximately 30 percent of the Global 100. Based in Washington, D.C., a significant number of firm lawyers have held senior positions in the U.S. government and have written many of the regulations they currently help clients navigate. For more information on the firm, visit www.millerchevalier.com.
Laura Miller, Media Relations, Greentarget, 312.252.4104